Ps 100:4-5 "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, And His faithfulness to all generations."
PRAYER - I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and
for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life
in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight
of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto
the knowledge of the truth. I Tim 2:1-4
ENCOUNTER - And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. Luk 19:13
Community Calendar (Your Christmas Events added online.) Check for updates, links, future events, and regular meetings. We want to be a blessing to our community and support events by avoiding scheduling conflicts.
- Nov 25, Albuquerque Holiday Parade, call 821-9101 to help with Right to Life float
- Nov 28, 7pm - CSF Meeting, Faith Bible, 9600 Central SE
- Green Ridge Ministries Mary's Christmas Story
- Dec 2, 7:30p - De Profundis, Christmas Spirituals, Immanuel Presbyterian
- Dec 3, 3p - Quintessence 16th Century Christmas Spirituals, Immanuel Presbyterian
- Dec 7 - Pearl Harbor Day
- Dec 9 - Albuquerque Area Wings Christmas Party
Atrisco SW, RSVP: 291-6412, http://www.wingsministry.org/
- Dec 9-10 - New Mexichords Christmas Concert, three shows, two matinees at 2pm, and a Saturday evening show at 7:30, Central United Methodist Church on the UNM campus. General admission tickets are $10 and can be bought in advance by calling 867-4360, or may be purchased at the door.
- Dec 8,9,10,15,16,17 - Scrooge at First Family Church, tickets free (print from website)
- Dec 10, 3p and 6p - Christmas Concert at Hoffmantown Church, 828-2600
- Dec 12 - Albuquerque Boy Choir Concert at Heights Cumberland, 878-0810
- Dec 15-16, 3p - Albuquerque Civic Chorus Christmas Spirituals, Immanuel Presbyterian
- Dec 25 - Christmas Day & beginning of the 12 Days of Christmas
- Dec (6-9pm) - TSU Friday Lectures (free)
- Dec 1 - Working with Church Conflicts (Nisly)
- Dec 8 - The Tabernacle (Winder)
- Dec 15 - Documentary Hypothesis (Sparks)
UNDERSTANDING - And of the children of Issachar, which were men
that had understanding of the time, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads
of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
I Chron 12:32
Offering a Sacrifice of Praise
Focus on Business
Christian Heritage Speech Competition Results
Friends of the Family & Christmas Gift Alternatives
Offering a Sacrifice of Praise
Facing the greatest test of American resilience, President Abraham Lincoln's first Thanksgiving came at a pivotal point in his life-and in the history of his torn country. In 1863, with the nation embroiled in war and dark shadows cast on the prospect of peace, President Lincoln revived a tradition of thankfulness at a time when there seemed little to be grateful for.
Read the rest at: http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WU06K19
What do LaHaye, Rosenberg, Israel, and Iran have in common? Prophesy. As reliable as the first judgment of Noah's flood, so will be the second judgment. It's just a matter of time. We are seeing renewed interest in end time events from various authors. Joel Rosenberg says "predictions found in Ezekiel chapters 36 & 37 have already come true." These are the famous chapters that foretell:
* The rebirth of the State of Israel in the end times (both chapters)
* The return of the Jews to the Holy Land after centuries in exile (36:10-11, 36:24, 36:37-38, 37:12, 37:21)
* The rebuilding of the ancient ruins in Israel (36:36)
* The re-blossoming of desolate, desert lands to produce abundant food, fruit and foliage (36:8-9 and 36:30-35)
* The creation of an "exceedingly great army" (37:11)
"Such prophecies began to be fulfilled in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, accelerated in 1948 and 1967, and continue to come to pass to this day. This, of course, raises an intriguing question: If Ezekiel 36 and 37 have largely come true in our lifetime, isn't it possible that Ezekiel 38 and 39 will soon come true as well?"
Oct 2005 - Iran president said Israel must be wiped off the map.
Apr 2006 - Iran president said the Zionist regime is a dying tree, and soon its branches will be broken down.
Oct 2006 - US president said the possibility that Israel would carry out a strike against Iran's nuclear installations should not be ruled out. Bush also said that if such an attack were to take place, he would understand it.
Nov 2006 - Iran president said The Zionist regime is weak. We have faced stronger countries in the past.
Nov 2006 - Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert pledged that Israel will not back down from stopping Iran from becoming a nuclear power.
Nov 2006 - Russia has begun delivery of Tor-M1 air defense missile systems to Iran.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/14/iran.israel/index.html (and other ref)
"Evangelical Christianity, Secular Science, Conservative Judaism, Fundamentalist Islam, Catholicism. There are more signs pointing toward the fulfillment of End Times prophecy within the next few years from more diverse sources than I can remember seeing at any previous time."
Koinonia House Magog Revisited, http://www.khouse.org/articles/2006/663/
John Hagee Jerusalem Countdown, http://www.jhm.org/catalog/detail.asp?code=B128
Koenig's International News, http://www.watch.org
Prophet Network, http://www.elijahlist.com/Our_History.htm
Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: "
"It may be surprising to find that over 1500 pastors a month leave their pulpits, and 43% of pastors report a serious conflict with a church member each month. Conflict is a serious and growing problem in the church." http://www.lazarusministries.org/
Trinity Southwest University (TSU) offers a free interactive lecture on Fri, Dec 1st, from 6-9pm, titled Working with Church Conflicts by Prof Nisly. TSU is located just west of the corner of Eubank and Constitution in Abq (10110 Constitution NE, 332-4253).
In the aftermath of a media-fueled conflict at Calvary Chapel this year, the need for conflict resolution and mediation is greater than ever. Calvary was the visible one. There were others. There are others. Most churches have visitors or members who are refugees from other churches. A website remained after the conflict that helped change the course of the conflict at Calvary Chapel. "There is also hope because now the sheep are armed. The internet has created a world and a church without borders and without distance. All of the church is now the 'local church.' What happened in Albuquerque and Ocean Hills would have looked much different without the Phoenix Preacher and bringbackpete.com [eliminated presumably because issues were resolved]. Last night, Paul Saber found out that all of his power and money can't stand up to an informed people. We at PP are pioneers of how accountability is going to be a given from now on and how the whole church can come together to demand and enforce it when needed."
God is ultimately sovereign. But on earth, in this country, the congregation is sovereign. Denied the right to vote by pen or voice, they will vote with purse or feet. Unfortunately voting with purse or feet is usually accompanied with a measure of fear, anger, intimidation, and a horrible testimony to the community.
Following reports by the American Family Association (AFA), Wal-Mart says it will not make corporate contributions to support or oppose controversial issues. Efforts to stop Wal-Mart contributions to homosexual organizations were especially effective just before the Christmas shopping season.
Please send Wal-Mart a "thank you" for its statement.
Focus on Business
If you would like your business highlighted in this column, please send your information to email@example.com.
Intelligent By Design began in March of 2003 offering tutoring services to children in Rio Rancho and Albuquerque. Intelligent By Design offers one-on-one tutoring in reading and math as well as enrichment programs with an emphasis in science. Karen Wood the owner of Intelligent By Design is a credentialed teacher with over 20 years of experience working with students of all ages. The mission of Intelligent By Design is to help children who, Karen and her husband, Derrick, believe are a design of intelligence, purpose and excellence. They desire to bring out the best children through all of their programs.
Intelligent By Design's Science Enrichment courses use the Real Science 4 Kids curriculum, offering high school and college level subjects to young children. The students in these courses develop excellent and knowledgeable skills in chemistry, biology, and physics.
firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.intelligentbydesign-nm.com, 710-6408
General election results: http://126.96.36.199/
Voters may now lookup their own voter registration information using VoterView. A VoterView record contains helpful information such as polling place and the district races a registrant may vote in. https://voterview.state.nm.us
Next election will likely be for another school bond issue in Feb 2007.
Prove all things: Christian conservatives should take neither party at face value | Joel Belz
With a 60-day state legislative session coming up in Jan 07, what should be legislative priorities for NM? The introduction of hundreds of bills practically paralyzes both committees and legislators. Getting a bill to the floor for a vote often takes pressure from the Governor or a vote to call a bill "out of committee." Some legislators measure their effectiveness by the number of bills introduced. The general election 2006 again demonstrated the population is split nearly 50/50 on political candidates. Half the population is generally upset with the state of government affairs. Is there common ground for Christian principles for setting priorities on legislation? Consider three different views.
The New Mexico Conference of Churches (NMCC) identified five priority issues for the 2007 NM Legislative Session and are also committed to legislation regarding health care, affordable housing, and other issues related to poverty in New Mexico.
1. Repeal of the Death Penalty
2. Increase of the State Minimum Wage
3. Immigration Reform
4. Predatory Lending Regulation
5. The Environment
The NM Lutheran Office of Governmental Ministry (LOGMNM) identified six priorities for the 2006 NM Legislative Session. They plan to update these priorities for 2007 based on a policy committee meeting on Nov 18.
1. Affordable Housing & Homelessness - Ongoing funding for the state housing trust fund; Increased funding for programs assisting homeless people; Increased funding for weatherization of low income homes
2. Budget & Tax Policy -- Working for tax policy that is fair and provides stable, adequate revenue to meet the needs of most vulnerable; Expanding the Low Income Comprehensive Tax Rebate (LICTR)
3. Family-Sustaining Income - Funding for benefits and programs that help TANF families transition from welfare to family-sustaining employment by addressing each family's barriers to employment; Supporting the additional Income Support Division eligibility workers; Enactment of meaningful regulation of payday, title and tax refund loans; Funding for the state individual development account program; Restoring child care eligibility to 200% of the federal poverty level and providing more funding to increase the quality of child care assistance; Increasing the state minimum wage
4. Health Care - Providing affordable and accessible health care for all New Mexicans; Maintaining and expanding Medicaid coverage for low-income children and adults; Supporting the NM Health Security Act
5. Hunger - Enacting supplemental state funding for seniors receiving the minimal Food Stamp benefit; Increasing funding for nutrition assistance programs; Supporting the continuing work of the NM Task Force to End Hunger
6. Death Penalty - Repealing capital punishment
Principles Community Impact Ministry (CIM) offers a Biblical approach to social issues. There may be Biblical principles for the issues above but they are not listed or discussed. What are Biblical principles for the issues of government? Without a Scriptural foundation, one opinion is as good as another. What does the Bible say about the roles of Church and Government? We need dialog between conservative, moderate, and liberal Judeo-Christian groups in NM. What are principles of other religious groups that affect public policy (e.g., Muslim, Asian, Atheist)?
1. Origin, purpose, and form of civil government (Rom 13)
2. Role of the church (Matt 28:19-20, James 1:27, Matt 5:13-16)
3. Citizens of two kingdoms (Augustine)
4. Differentiate between Biblical ceremonial and civil law.
5. Creation. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." (Gen 1-3)
Principles CINews would like to hear your opinion on this topic. Please send comments to email@example.com.
Christian Heritage Speech Competition Results
See http://www.rges.cc/winners_2006.htm for results of the 16th Annual Christian Heritage Speech Competition and http://www.rges.cc/proc_2006.htm for the annual NM Christian Heritage Week proclamation signed by the Governor. CDs of the top seven speeches can be purchased for $5 + s&h as a fundraiser for the 2007 event.
Thanks to all the students, parents, judges, volunteers, sponsors, workshop speakers, and host facility this year. Volunteers for 2007 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Though some organizations, businesses, and agencies will resort to calling this the "holiday season" instead of "Christmas," even the word "holiday" means "holy day." Our calendars are dated from the birth of Christ. None can escape the true meaning of Christmas.
Green Ridge Ministries Mary's Christmas Story
De Profundis, Christmas Spirituals
Date: Saturday, Dec 2, 2006
Time: 7:30 pm to 8:00pm
Church/Venue: Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Description: Advent Concert
Quintessence 16th Century Christmas Spirituals
Date: Sunday, Dec 3, 2006
Time: 3:00pm to 6:30pm
Church/Venue: Immanuel Presbyterian
Description : Advent Concert
Albuquerque Area Wings Christmas Party
Sat, Dec 9, 562 Atrisco SW, RSVP: 291-6412, http://www.wingsministry.org/
Special Guest: Archbishop Michael Sheehan
Vision: To share Christ's unconditional love with all families of prisoners
Scrooge at First Family Church
Dec 8,9,10,15,16,17 - Tickets Free (print from website)
Dec 9-10 - New Mexichords Christmas Concert, three shows, two matinees at 2pm, and a Saturday evening show at 7:30, Central United Methodist Church on the UNM campus. General admission tickets are $10 and can be bought in advance by calling 867-4360, or may be purchased at the door.
Albuquerque Civic Chorus Christmas Spirituals
Date: Saturday, Dec. 15 &16, 2006
Time: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Church/Venue: Immanuel Presbyterian
Description: Advent Concert
Christian Christmas Games and Activities
Albuquerque Christmas Activities
Christian Answers Christmas Movies Review
The Nativity Story - 2006
Christmas Carols for Kids
Mixed Message of Christmas
Friends of the Family is a group of key supporters who invest monthly in family ministry. Their commitment is key to the ongoing effectiveness of Focus on the Family and enables us to extend the ministry to many who cannot afford the resources and services they need. They also enable our radio programs, our efforts to defend family values, and our outreaches to special groups like teens, unwed mothers, and non-Christians. For more information, call 1-800-A-FAMILY.
Christmas Gift Alternatives. Some ideas for those who would like to make Christmas a little happier for the less fortunate. The gift for someone who "has it all" or doesn't need it.
* Operation Christmas Child
* Christian Aid Mission
* Wycliffe Gift Catalog
* Wings Ministry - If you are considering making a donation to a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization this Christmas, I invite you to think about giving to the Wings Ministry. Thank you cards will be mailed to those making the gifts and to those receiving the gift. All donors and recipients will be listed in next Wings newsletter.
* World Vision Gifts of Hope